Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Sr/Principal Scientist, Computational Biology (RDN17-09)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and highly motivated computational biologist to join our expanding research and development team in Watertown, MA. The successful candidate will play a key role in leveraging state of the art computational analysis tools, cancer genomics, molecular profiling and patient disease data for advancing FORMA’s pipeline programs. Job responsibilities will range from developing computational data analysis strategy and performing hands-on analysis of omics data to coordinating data analysis work with academic and industry collaborators and vendors. Other key responsibilities include working closely with translational scientists to actively mine internal and external genomic, molecular profiling and biological assay data for developing and testing therapeutic hypotheses and biomarker identification.
- Manage computational biology activities at FORMA
- Perform computational analyses of molecular profiling data. Integrate data across multiple assay platforms (e.g., Genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic).
- Initiate and manage data analysis work with academic and industry collaborators and vendors.
- Provide guidance on experimental design and interpretation for biological studies where bioinformatics expertise is required.
- Work in close collaboration with scientific informatics to develop and maintain data infrastructure and integration.
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new bioinformatics tools and solutions.
- Conduct high quantity presentations at internal project and governance meetings and external conferences. Author scientific reports and manuscripts.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics or a related field with 5+ years working experience in applying quantitative approaches to solving biological problems. Experience in working in a matrix environment in the Pharma/Biotech industry is preferred.
- Expertise in algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, and open-source bioinformatics tools.
- Deep knowledge of cancer genomic data sources and data integration tools. Hands on experience in analyzing NGS, RNA-Seq and proteomics data.
- Demonstrated ability to derive target mechanism of action through molecular signatures generated under biological or compound perturbation. Experience in leveraging data mining and integrated analysis of molecular profiling data to develop therapeutic and patient selection biomarker hypothesis.
- Strong problem-solving skills, collaborative nature and the ability to lead through influencing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code # (RDN17-09) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.