Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Sr. Research Associate, Biomolecular Screening (RDR17-04)
FORMA Therapeutics is seeking an experienced cell biologist to join a team of highly motivated scientists that are using high throughput cellular assays to deliver innovative new candidate small molecules for oncology and immunology projects.
The candidate must have 4-7 years of experience in cancer cell biology and lab automation in industry. Experience with immunofluorescence and high content assays is highly desirable.
- Key role in a centralized screening team leveraging cutting edge instrumentation and technologies to drive Drug Discovery
- Developing and performing multiple cell-based assays which support diverse innovative projects for oncology and immunology-based programs
- Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment and lab automation to complete investigations
- Maintaining and culturing cell lines for cell-based assays in 384-well and 1536-well plates in 2D monolayers and 3D spheroids
- Documenting, compiling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data
- Actively collaborating with cross-functional teams in Chemistry and Biology and participating in project meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MS degree in Biology or related field with 4-7 years of expertise in cancer cell biology
- Knowledge of well-based plate readers (i.e. Envision, Pherastar), liquid handlers (Combi Multidrop, Tempest), acoustic dispense system (Labcyte ECHO)
- Competence with development of immunofluorescence, fluorescence-based, luminescence-based, ECL and FRET cellular assays
- Proficiency with high throughput data analysis, curve fitting and reporting
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple assignments are essential
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal and presentation (both verbal and written) skills
- Candidates who are keen experimentalists, enthusiastic team players that have a passion for drug discovery are encouraged to apply
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code # (RDN17-04) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.