Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Sr. Principal Scientist/Director, Translational Biology (RDR17-02)
FORMA Therapeutics is seeking an experienced translational biologist to play a key role in advancing our rapidly growing drug discovery and clinical pipeline. The ideal candidate will have a passionate desire to help transform current treatment paradigms for cancer and other serious diseases while working in an innovative and fast-paced small-company environment.
- Drive translational research of multiple projects, you will lead the identification and validation of therapeutic hypotheses for epigenetic, protein homeostasis and other novel drug targets
- Develop pharmacodynamic and patient stratification biomarkers to support the advancement of preclinical programs into the clinic and though early development
- Collaborate with Early Development/Clinical group to define therapeutic opportunities and select the optimal clinical strategy for each program
- Manage internal translational research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs
- Think strategically about drug development and drive innovative solutions to key translational challenges across the company
- PhD, or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 15 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- A track record of contributing to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics and strong background in one or more of these areas: cancer biology, immunotherapy, immune-oncology, neurology
- Hands-on experience in the identification and development of PD and patient stratification biomarkers and their application in the clinic; experience with the development of companion diagnostics is a plus
- Prior experience successfully leading projects from drug discovery through IND and into the clinic and a thorough understanding of early-phase clinical development is required
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas is also desirable: o Bioinformatics and the analysis of large, complex data sets
- In vivo pharmacology (PK/PD, PDX models)
- Immuno-oncology/tumor immunology
- Inflammation and autoimmunity
- You should be an energetic self-starter who is adept at multi-tasking, has a track record of productivity, and is capable of working both independently and as part of multiple collaborative teams
- You should possess a strong attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- You should have the ability to successfully influence cross-functional teams by promoting creative problem solving, clear decision-making and accountability
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code # (RDR17-02) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.