Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Process Chemistry (RDN17-02)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior or Principal Scientist with significant expertise in Process Chemistry to join our expanding research team in Branford, CT. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with generating effective hypotheses to pursue synthesis or manufacturing goals to set new experimental directions. They should also have experience working within a multidisciplinary project team engaged in early stage drug discovery and development. Other important qualifications include a commitment to scientific excellence, the ability to design and execute experiments that enable decision making and to troubleshoot and solve technical and logistical problems. The successful candidate must be able to independently manage the technical and strategic needs of their project(s), work productively with junior and senior colleagues, and be able to adapt to the changing needs of the company. Excellent communication skills are also required.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Seeking a scientific leader as evidenced through a track record of patents and/or publications
- Design and perform synthetic organic experiments efficiently, independently and in a fit-for-purpose fashion for the stage of development (pre-clinical through process validation)
- Perform reaction process monitoring using a variety of analytical methods and effectively work with analysts to develop sufficient methods
- Possess a proven track record of scaling-up and delivering kg quantities of experimental drug substance in the appropriate physical form
- Possess knowledge to develop synthetic plans for synthesis development of molecules
- Identifies and communicates the impact of results on the overall process development timeline
- Multitasks to effectively manage multiple activities/projects
- Provides technical recommendations regarding process chemistry by assisting other chemists in the department and/or articulating issues to upper management
- Makes conceptual contributions to development activities and scientific strategies
- Develops novel and creative solutions to overcome synthetic and manufacturing obstacles
- Employs new principles and concepts from other fields to promote new progress in synthesis
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and submitting required documentation pertaining to the development and preparation of drug substances under cGMP environment is desirable
- Familiarity with SOP’s and GMP’s and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and SOP’s
- Experience and ability to draft CMC sections of IND’s or CTA’s is a plus.
- Ability to motivate or supervise other process chemistry staff on their day to day experiments and ensure compliance of the team with relevant regulations and SOP’s
- Experience in writing and transferring developed technology to outside CRO’s and working with suppliers to solve chemical issues for compound delivery
- Author reports and regular updates at appropriate project intervals while maintaining excellent and reproducible laboratory records
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and will prepare presentations and reports as required
- Ability and track record of successfully working in cross-functional teams
- Ph.D. with 5 – 10 years of relevant process chemistry experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment is essential
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code # (RDN17-02) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.