Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist, Immunology (JH16-12)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and highly motivated human immunologist to join our expanding research team in Watertown, MA. The successful candidate will serve as discovery project team leader and apply scientific expertise in immunology to advance drug discovery projects and associated milestones. The successful candidate will independently manage the technical and strategic needs of projects, interface with scientific staff within and outside, including academic collaborations, external consultants and CROs. He or she will deliver oral and written communication to internal and external stakeholders, including senior and executive leadership teams. Other important responsibilities include a commitment to keep abreast of current and emerging technological advancements in the field, evaluate and implement new technologies and concepts that are in line with the strategy and deliverables of FORMA Therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in immunology or related field, with 7 or more years of working experience in the field of autoimmune and inflammatory disease or immuno-oncology, preferably in the industry setting
- Well versed in various aspects of assembling preclinical data package with clinical development candidates, including pharmacologic evaluation of compounds, biomarkers and patient stratification strategies, to support INDs
- Strong knowledge of translational human immunology, including target identification and validation, pharmacodynamics markers of target engagements, phenotypic functional assays, and preclinical disease models
- Working experience with B cells, NK cells and/or neutrophils
- Project leadership experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and external collaborations such as academic labs or CROs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in supervising and developing junior or associate scientists is highly desirable
- Relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.comor follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code # JH16-12 in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.