Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Principal Scientist, Computer Aided Drug Design (RDR17-03)
Watertown, MA or Branford, CT
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and highly motivated computational chemist with significant expertise in small molecule drug discovery to join our expanding research team in Watertown, MA or Branford, CT.
The successful candidate will have scientific knowledge and demonstrated success in various aspects of lead discovery, including extensive experience in applying state of the art computational chemistry science to drug discovery programs from molecular target assessment & selection to development candidate selection. Candidates must have particularly strong experience in structure-guided ligand & library design in lead ID, hit-to-lead and lead optimization stages in addition to ligand-based modeling, HTS triage, SAR analysis and cheminformatics approaches.
Of particular importance is the candidate’s ability to build strong interactions with medicinal and structural chemists. The candidate must use experience and in-depth knowledge to mentor colleagues in appropriate & creative use of structural biology information and computational methods. This includes breaking down technical information and making it accessible to non-experts to maximize opportunities & impact of SBDD.
The successful candidate can demonstrate impact on drug discovery projects, independently manage the technical and strategic needs of projects, design and execute experiments that enable decision making and troubleshoots and solves technical and logistical challenges.
Required are excellent verbal and written communication skills, a commitment to scientific excellence, the ability to work productively with junior and senior colleagues in a multidisciplinary, hands-on, dynamic environment and to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the company. Experience in project leadership and mentoring & managing team members is desirable.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with 10 or more years of relevant industry experience in small molecule drug discovery
- Extensive experience with the Schrödinger suite of drug discovery programs and Biovia Pipeline Pilot
- Expert molecular designer with creativity & ability to design ligands & libraries; utilizes tools to evaluate/prioritize ideas rather than relying on them for idea generation
- Deep understanding of organic and medicinal chemistry to effectively interact with project teams and impact ligand & library design as well as progression of pre-clinical compounds
- Documented sustained performance and accomplishment as well as demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others, contribute to project strategy & deliverables and influence decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skill are required
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code # (RDR17-03) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.