Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) (HB16-03)
Summary of Functions
The Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis reports to the CFO. This position interacts with all levels of management and is relied upon to support the strategic planning process, lead the annual budgeting process, generate value-added analysis, and create senior management and Board presentations for this dynamic and growing biotech company. The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, diligent, and will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills to complement their analytical acumen.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s businesses.
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Maintain and enhance a long range planning model to guide long term strategic planning
- Develop high quality presentations for Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Routinely communicate business, financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Be a business partner to management, providing decision support and ensuring effective communication.
- In collaboration with management, incorporate tax planning analysis.
- Collaborate with Accounting function to ensure a fully coordinated approach for FORMA’s financial processes and systems.
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual with departmental managers.
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging analytical resources and tools.
- Proactively identify, structure and deliver value-added analysis
- Contribute to cross functional projects in support of the business
- Oversee and coordinate work of contract resources, consultants or external service providers, as appropriate
- 10-15 years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibility, preferably with exposure to R&D operations and experience in pharma/biotechnology companies
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- B.S. degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting required, MBA/CPA preferred
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
- Strong financial modeling skills required
- Knowledge of NetSuite and R&D Logic helpful
- Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and have the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Be able to meet the rigorous deadlines of a growth company, multitask and prioritize responsibilities
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.comor follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code HB16-03.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.