Your Career : Employment Opportunities
Contracts Associate/Paralegal (GAN17-01)
At FORMA Therapeutics, we have boldly set out to reimagine health, collaboration and drug discovery. All that we do is focused on creating unparalleled value and a better world by Connecting Possibility and Scientific Innovations. As our R&D portfolio and external innovation partnerships continue to expand, we are in need of support for all aspects of our Legal group, including primarily Contracts support, and also support for Intellectual Property, Corporate Governance, Compliance and other general Legal support.
FORMA is seeking an energetic and creative contracts associate/paralegal who enjoys learning new things in an exciting and fast-paced environment to join our internal Legal Department. The successful candidate will report to the VP, Legal & Chief IP Counsel and will support our Legal, Business Development, and Strategic Sourcing groups, working collaboratively with our in-house scientists, external counsel, and other consultants to provide support for matters relating to Contracts, Intellectual Property, Corporate Governance, and Compliance for our dynamic and innovative biotechnology company.
- Act as a liaison between internal business partners and legal department on contract related inquiries and contracting processes and provide support for agreements such as Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, and other agreements or matters;
- Draft, primarily from templates and playbooks, multiple contract types;
- Support the continuous improvement of templates, playbooks and workflow processes;
- Research prior contracting relationship with contracting parties;
- Monitor and track a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures;
- Maintain and update FORMA’s contract management system for each assigned contract;
- Ensure company-wide compliance with FORMA’s contracting policy;
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal clients;
- Correspond with US and international law firms and agents;
- Work closely with attorneys (internal and external), contractors, and agents to manage dockets and support patent and trademark prosecution activities, including handling related formalities such as Declarations, POAs, Assignments, Information Disclosures Statements, Missing Parts, etc.
- Administrative and other Project Support as needed;
- Support for Corporate Governance activities (Board Meetings and Board Committees)
- Assist in the development and administration of corporate policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably at a large law firm or as an in-house contracts associate or paralegal for a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors/partners and serve as a liaison among outside counsel, in-house attorneys and employees, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Versatility, must be able to work collaboratively with team members for a diverse range of projects.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Experience in paralegal support, contracts administration, or other relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of patent procedural requirements and USPTO and PCT practices preferred.
FORMA Therapeutics’ scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology, inflammation & immunity, and other serious diseases. The Company’s fully integrated R&D team drives discovery and early clinical development of therapeutics for qualified targets in the areas of epigenetics, protein homeostasis and metabolism. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and partners, FORMA combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and early clinical development capabilities, to create drug candidates providing profound patient benefit.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. Check us out at www.formatherapeutics.com or follow us on @FORMAInc
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference job code # (GAN17-01) in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.